Monday 5 March 2012

Sew sew, oh no! -A cat under the pedal!

Well between working on my art- from sketches to tees, prints and cases.

and just plain old trying to be the best Mum I can be, I've only sewn a few more treasure Window bags.
A wonderful vegetarian cafe' I love has agreed to sell them on commission for only $25AU each.

I'll be looking to sell them on this great new eco-concious site- 
when production picks up too.



With a new addition of a beautiful tabby/tortoiseshell cat to our family (a nine month old girl from the RSPCA) whom loves ANYTHIN
G that moves, sewing got a little trickier as EVERYTHING has to be catproofed (and stored away for allergy-mindfulness). Poor Kami cat nearly had an impromptau nail clipping as she pounced on my cutting table and I was very near becoming a new piece myself as she decided under the machine pedal was a good place to nap and play, hanging off a top I was trying to make by her teeth at one stage!

For safety's sake she's now locked out of the main room when I sew and curls up happily on her own quilt on the bed in her home made chevron collar.

I wish our curious toddler were that easy to keep from the wonders of the sewing machine and bag trinkets!

Well I did make a few wonderful bags, double-bagged for the sake of safety and now with wipe-clean tags (the tags take a while to make but turned out well I think).

Lovely pink, roses and creamy lace.

A nautical bag.

Pink and floral.

A lucky clover bag with...
Ruffles on the back of the bag! Cute!
I love these bags and kids do too. I hope I can find more time to sew and sell more quickly and spread the fun!

I'll be scanning some old film photos I developed next to get that big stockpile of art I have out there in the world.
Thanks for reading, hope you have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment